Thursday, April 7, 2016

The Note

There are few things more annoying with service calls, then the giant window of when the tech might show up. We were upgrading our internet today, and our service window was between 10am - 2pm.  Norman usually naps around then so it wasn't a big deal, until I remembered that today is the 6th grade right of passage rocket launch day. Every 6th grader gets to launch a rocket that they make at home (10 points to Preston for helping Simon make it.) So to fight back against the plan of "hang around your house all day and wait for your service tech whilst you miss an epic rocket launch", I opted for a bribe. A little note and a bribe. As luck would have it, my service repair person came toward the end of the window, and so I got to eat the bribe myself.



On our doorstep. Who can resist those little Cadburry Eggs? I simply can not.



The crowd gathers.



This handsome little man just launched his rocket.
...Q: why is he on the other side of the fence? Or why am i on the other side of the fence? 
A: Some punk decided that for liability reasons the gate on the East side of the playground, that has been open for and accessible for as long as I've lived here, has now been closed due to "liability issues" of a certain church parking lot that is just East of the playground. Absolute rubbish.  I almost hopped the 6' fence in protest, but that would mean that Norman would either have to be left alone on the wrong side, he'd have to learn to hop a fence, or someone would have to throw him over to me, Not good options. We remained outside the playground.



He did not fall once it tipped... not at first:~)

No comments:

Post a Comment