Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Lonely Halloween

Tonight was our ward (congregation) Halloween party.  It was well attended and delicious.  Halloween parties were invented just so chili cookoffs can have a yearly event to go to.  It was super fun and tasty. I loved seeing all of the creative costumes. So "why lonely in the post title?", you might ask.  Maybe more appropriate would be the title "Mahana you lonely."



I haven't really dressed up in an official costume for Halloween in a very long time. I spent far too long trying to come up with an outfit, and after chatting with my fabulous mother, she gave me the perfect suggestion: Mahana and Johnny Lingo. Even better was that Norman is a cow for Halloween (if you have no idea what I'm talking about, it's okay. There's a totally cheesy Mormon movie from the 70's. The basic concept is that a man loves this woman (that others think is useless) and he pays the highest dowry that the island has ever seen, 8 cows.  Whatever)....Ryan was running late so he just met us at the party and... long story short: my husband decided that he would be exercising his legal right to not join his wife in dressing up.  I don't think I really need to articulate my thoughts on that decision, or the irony of my chosen costume with the evenings outcome.  It was indeed a one cow night.



He's chatting with a friend.



This is one of the baby whisperers in the ward, who helped this little cow go to sleep.



The night had a chili contest, a pumpkin contest and several minute to win it games.
Well planned, well executed family fun.



Pumpkin carving at home.
Why can't there be an easier way to get the bloop out of the inside?!



Cuteness overload: Norman chewing on the pumpkin stem.



No comments:

Post a Comment