Sunday, June 30, 2013

Wedding Cake

The Challenge: Make a three tiered wedding cake for a women's church event, without using a hand held mixer (because ours broke last month and I am too cheap to replace it), and without using cake pans (because we can only take a few things back home with us when we leave, and cake pans aren't on the list, so there's no way I was going to buy them.)

Yikes.  I went with a white almond cake, with raspberry filling and cream cheese butter frosting.  I measured some pots and found three different sizes that would stack nicely. I should have used fondant, but it mattereth not.  What it lacked in appearance it made up in taste. Almost all three tiers were devoured, but I managed to take a few slices home.  All but Annie had a sample. She stayed home from church today due to a wicked stomach bug, and can't keep anything down. Poor girl.

  

Roses are cool.  I love the hot pink tips with the white petals.  I used to think that yellow roses were my favorite, but I'm branching out.

No comments:

Post a Comment