Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Nap

Owen and I dropped Ryan off at the airport.  He's heading to Colorado, for what I hope is his last trip away from us while we live here. Anywhoo, when we got back home Owen had a bad headache, so I gave him some medicine and had him drink some water.  We cuddled for a bit in my bed while I worked on my computer, read some Scriptures, and surfed the lds.org website. He dozed off. And then it hit me. I was tired. I had no obligations for the next 2.5 hours.  My house was relatively clean... and I should be asleep! Right next to Owen! I took an afternoon nap.  I woke up with a puffy head about 2 hours later to a happy little boy, who also enjoyed his nap.  Crazy thoughts keep entering my head. If I can nap, why not also eat a plate of brownies? or watch that 6 hour Pride and Prejudice movie?  It's almost like a nap in the day might be the gateway to other indulgent mom activities. As a child I used to fight nap time.  My own children have often fought nap time. Why oh why. I could get used to a daily nap.


This is what our bed spread looks like.  Our rental is fully furnished, and this is what came with the bed.  I'm pretty sure it's from Ikea.  Ryan really wants to take this back home with us.

1 comment:

  1. Three cheers for nap time! I too love when the stars align and I can take one.

    ReplyDelete