Monday, June 3, 2013

Costco Twice!

Why go to Costco just once in a day, when you can go twice?! Just to be clear, Costco is not particularly close (it's a 20 minute drive, one way.) Owen and I spent the morning preparing for a mission home lunch that I get to cater tomorrow, for 120 (so I thought!) I showed up to drop off some of the food for tomorrow, and was told that we might have a few more, possible 8-15. The more the merrier (I really do believe this), except that I had just purchased lunch for 120, not 135.  The numbers shift won't dramatically affect things like the cole slaw or the watermelon, but I bought just enough ears of corn for 120, and just enough desserts for 120... So I smiled and said it wasn't a big deal, and then headed back to Costco to buy more food.  The two trips was a result of me not following a very simple lesson that was I taught in my cookery school: always plan to purchase 10-20% more food than you think you need, just in case.  Lesson learned. But I did get twice the samples, which I called lunch.


My one splurge for the lunch: fresh squeezed lemonade, thanks to Calvin.  I now know how long it takes two people to juice 96 lemons.  About an hour and 15 minutes. I'm serving it with fresh mint, because I can.



Getting the pork into the crock pots tonight with Preston and Calvin, at the mission home kitchen.



Table full of food.



More food.  If anyone gets food poisoning tomorrow, you will know who to blame. But, if it goes as well as I think it will, then you will  know which chef in Scotland to call for all your catering needs;~)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds wonderful! Nothing like a "sample lunch" I call that a blessing.

    ReplyDelete