Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Feeding 135

Feeding 135 takes some planning, quite a lot of food, and some wonderful, happy, helpful volunteers.  I had arranged for a few pals to assist with the production of feeding the Scotland missionaries from our church.  (missionaries: volunteers who have come here, paying their own way, and are devoting 1 1/2 to 2 years of their lives to spread the good news of the gospel.)  I am soo tired, but everything went really well.  We had plenty of food (but not too much.) We served right on schedule! It went very well. Plenty of room for improvement (on my end) but my helpers were amazing, and I am exhausted, and I feel warm and fuzzy inside. Menu: Pulled Pork Barbecue Sandwiches, Watermelon, Peanut Cole Slaw, Corn on the Cob, Fresh Squeezed Mint Lemonade, Lemon Bundt Cake with Strawberries and Whipped Cream. Boom, baby.


Ryan took off two hours from work to come and help.  What a guy!



Lori Davis and Maryann Neilson, with me.  They are lovely ladies and were great to work with today.



A picture of the crowd. Missionaries rock!



What's for dinner? A picnic Pizza from Papa Johns. Happy.


Yum.



A shot of the garden we get to hang out in.



Silly children.

2 comments:

  1. Success!!! I wish I could have been in the crowd to enjoy that menu! You continue to amaze me and make me jealous of your abilities. Sigh at least I can say you are my twin, that's something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How AWESOME of you to feed the missionaries!!!!! so great of you. and it looked SOO YUMMY. you rock girl. i am sure scotland is going to miss the amazing lindsey joy!

    ReplyDelete