Sunday, June 9, 2013

Getting Bigger

One of our family's favorite pass time is to see how much the kids have grown, in comparison to their mother.   How long Annie's hair is compared to mine.  How big Calvin's feet are compared to mine.  How much more Simon's hand needs to grow till it will be as large as mine.  It honestly boggles my mind to think that at one point in time, all of these living breathing crazy human beings we're squished into a tight ball, growing right in my belly.  Yes, everyone of my darlings are growing.  (Me too, but my physical growth seems to be stemming from a concentrated effort at eating too many carbs, and exercising too little.)  What I really hope though, is that while we are getting bigger, that we are also getting better.  Better at showing compassion, better at helping those in need, better at apologizing, better at listening, better at working, better at being honest, better at treasuring moments, better at prioritizing.  My prayer tonight is that we all might trust in God to help us be better.  He will. I know He will.


Calvin and me comparing feet.  His definitely smell worse than mine!



Almost there.  My hair used to be the color of his, but my head was never that big... or maybe it was.  Maybe my head is actually shrinking.



Fire trucks and police cars on our walk this evening.  No fatalities, just a candle fire.  Watch your candles, ladies! Is the smell of "pine forest" ever worth the smell of smoke?!

1 comment:

  1. Hahh I want to be better. I bet I am "growing" at a faster rate than you.

    ReplyDelete