Saturday, June 29, 2013

Invited for Dinner

What a lucky weekend the Smith Family have had! Last night our family friend Nicola had us over for dinner (an amazing spread of olives, garlic bread, caesar salad and pork meatballs in a baked pasta dish.) For dessert we got to hear her daughter Georgia play the harp (mercy, it was fantastic!) I made some triple chocolate chip cookies to go along with the night.  Could the weekend get better? Why yes, it could!  Tonight we were treated to another wonderful dinner, this time courtesy of Mrs. Marianne Nielsen.  She hales from Germany and my goodness, the goulash was to die for.  Following was schnitzel, a large couscous salad, a fried cheese avocado dish, I brought a raspberry almond salad, we had ice cream and biscuits, and then watched Fantastic Mr. Fox.  To invite a crew of 7 to dinner is no small task. Two dinner invites in a row really does feel like Christmas in June. Thank you to all of my brave friends, for sharing your homes, your time, your talents, and your food.  My heart and belly are full tonight!


I wonder how I would do at whack-bat...

1 comment:

  1. Wow those meals sound fantastic! Loved where ever you go:)

    ReplyDelete