Thursday, June 13, 2013

Simon's Day

Simon got up bright and early this morning and was super excited about his 2 performances.  Ryan, Owen and I were able to enjoy a history lesson/ play about Henry the Eighth at his primary school.  It was entirely informative, massively entertaining, and we even had front row seats, which is always exciting.  I gave him a "Fanta" fizzy drink for doing a "FANTAstic" job.  Tonight, his street dance group performed at Tynecastle Secondary School, along with various other groups; music, gymnastic, dance, etc.  The high for the evening was his awesome dance!  The low (and it was the clear low) was what appeared to be the Happy Hands Club (their dance actions were slow, used their hands a lot, and in general lacked energy) perform to the ever popular "Drinking Straight From the Bottle."  The legal drinking age is 16... yikes. Today was also a day to be remembered for me. I had a very fun morning teaching a bread making cooking class for my lovely neighbor and her friend.  I hope that it is the first of many:~)



Simon, posing with one of King Henry's wives.  She either died, was divorced, was beheaded or survived.



Simon posing with his class.  



Simon at his street performance. He's the second one in from the left. It was epic.



Pat pouring orange glaze on top of our orange cinnamon rolls. Mighty tasty.



Anne Runnals, my delightful downstairs neighbor, standing near her sour dough bread.  I will miss her very much when we move.



1 comment:

  1. Simon has always been a great dancer, I bet it was awesome! I want a cooking class from you!

    ReplyDelete