Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Trusting my Hair Stylist

I have a dear friend who is a hair stylist. She is fabulous and fun and we had a little chat about lice.
When she was growing up, the school regularly did lice checks. If someone had them, notice was sent home and all the parents treated the lice at the same time to prevent spreading. )Why don't we do that here too?) Also, having lice wasn't like the worst thing ever.  It wasn't treated as if it were an STD... And she's a hairdresser (and a fabulous one at that.)

I've heard of several kids at the school who have gotten lice, so when one of my dears had an itchy head, I checked it out and it was lice. The others often share the same room and bed at night so they got in on the lice killing party, which consisted of stripping beds and sanitizing all times that could have come in contact with the lice, lice shampoo, using the tiny lice removing comb, and watching the movie "Stardust" on Netflix, because that's simply a great movie. Not a fan of lice, but I had such a fun random morning with my kiddos. Lice no more... until next time. 



Only a few more days until the school year ends.
Today actually got me excited to stay home with these turkeys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment