Sunday, May 15, 2016

Catering a Wedding

I catered a wedding luncheon this week.  My mother was in town for Owen's baptism and she remained to spend some time with us and to help me with the catering job, and help me she did. Mercy, we worked till we were ready to drop. The food was fabulous, but I was late in getting out of the house. TO add to the stress of the day, I was pulled over on the way to the venue. (I was indeed speeding, but I hit the brakes before I spotted the cop car; I hate speeding.) As an absolute blessing from God, I didn't get a speeding ticket.  We arrived later than expected, but beat the wedding party. The food was fabulous.  And by the end of the event, I think I worked off about 5,000 calories. What a marathon.



No ticket, but the threat of "if I ever catch you speeding again, I won't just give you a ticket, I'll have your car towed" still rings in my ears. The problem: Bountiful is small, and my car has a giant catering sticker on the car: it wasn't an idle threat. My car is marked. Boo.

No wedding luncheon pictures, not one. It was that busy, fast and furious.

***This post is for Thursday May 12, 2016***

No comments:

Post a Comment