Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Stake Conference

If you'r not Mormon, you might not know what "Stake Conference"  means within our church community. Two times a year we have what's called stake conference where several congregations (6-8ish) gather for a large conference service. We usually meet for three hours on Sunday, but Stake conference is only 2. However, any of us with kids don't usually feel like we're getting away with one less hour because our children usually break off into kids classes after the first hour of church. But on Stake Conference, we all sit together for the 2 hour service. I love Stake conference because I'm always dead curious what the talks will focus on, and our church start time is different for the occasion, and I enjoy mixing it up.  Incidentally, the talks were on repentance, things being made right and fair in heaven, faith, answers to prayer, and service... at least that's what I got out of them.  I'de love a poll of what other people felt the focus was.


We went to Temple Square in the morning with our free time. Norman is with the group, but under the bench.  Ryan packed a picnic lunch for the affair, but the weather was foul so we just ate at home.



This is a ridiculous attempt at catching me and my friend in our matching outfits.
I usually like to coordinate what I'm wearing with a friend for stake conference (not really, though.)
Black top, black and white striped skirt, cool glasses. Check.

No comments:

Post a Comment