Thursday, May 26, 2016

This is the Place..!

Annie participated in our school's annual "Utah, This is the Place Pageant." It's a lovely program, all about what the fourth graders learned this year; the rock cycle, Utah history, all of the counties, etc. What made it even more fabulous is that the pageant has set songs and a set program, and this is the fourth time I've seen it, having watched Preston, Calvin, Simon, and now Annie perform it. The only difference between the pageant and what I learned growing up about "This is the Place" was this: According to my father, "When Brigham Young spoke in the Salt Lake Valley, he was trying to say "This is the place where I have to pee." According to my dad, the saints were so eager to stop that they cut him off and set up camp. He didn't have the heart to tell them they needed to go just a little bit further North to Idaho.  Yes, my fathers is from Idaho.  That's how I remember that story. But even with that minor deviation from what I know to be facts, the pageant was still lovely.


There were about 100 fourth graders (4 classes) in the performance. Annie's class did the song about the transcontinental railroad and the golden spike.  She's in the turquoise bandana and overalls just left of the Union Pacific.



Well done Annie.  Posing with two of her pals.



Annie taking a picture with her fan club. Norman is trying to bite me and I thought it was hysterical.



Annie with her English teacher.

*** This post is for Tuesday, May 24th, 2016***

No comments:

Post a Comment