Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Snowed In!!!

Many are cold but few are frozen. No school today for my crew because the roads were terrible and there is simply something magical about stopping to enjoy the clean white freshness of the first real snow of the season.  There is also something magical about having bread, eggs, and other essentials when a grocery shop is out of the questions. Super glad I didn't have to worry about having the necessities at home today.


Owen ran to me and told me I had to come outside to see what they had done. I knew instinctively that it was one of two options: a snowman or an ice fort. I come out, and then my three darlings call me from the roof and say "look mom!" Then they jump off the roof into a pile of snow that they made, one by one... Why would I be okay with that?! Apparently, they set up the ladder. That's what I was coming outside to see. Thinking outside the box, those kids. So I'm sure I didn't witness the first jump of the day, but I made sure that it was the last.



Look at the snow on our car.



Cricket thought this was fabulous!



Shoveling this much snow is not for the weak.



Norman has taken to sleeping with his blankets over his face.



Today is his big day. 9 months old. What a guy!



He's just as surprised as you are that 9 months are already here!

***This post is for Monday, December 14, 2015***

1 comment:

  1. How can you focus on anything but Norman?! He is so adorable!! This Arizona girl can't even imagine that kind of snow accumulating.

    ReplyDelete