Sunday, December 6, 2015

Christmas Fav's

Here are a few of my very favorite Christmas things:

-Caroling (but only if it's relatively warm out.)

-Driving by the Bountiful Temple where the nativity story is told in about 10 large signs, posted on the lawns of the neighborhood, because we can read them and still stay warm in our car.

-Hot chocolate

-Christmas movies: Elf, National Lampoons Christmas Vacation, A Christmas Story, Frosty the Snowman, Santa Claus is Coming to Town (claymation!)

-Our Ward Christmas Party. I learn about the gospel of Jesus Christ with these people, I partake of the sacrament with these people. They teach my children, encourage me, share their time and talents with my family. It only makes sense to celebrate Christ's birth with my church family.

-My Christmas tree, late at night, when the house is quite and everyone is asleep, and it's the only light in the house.

-Watching my kids open their presents.

- Christmas hymns.


I absolutely love hot chocolate.
I need at least one glass of wassail every Christmas season, just to help me get into the holiday season, but I will drink hot chocolate any time of the year, regardless of the weather. I'm a loyal cocoa fan. And if the debate is between whipped cream or marshmallows to top my brown bliss, it's no contest. Whipped cream will win every single time.



We had Stake Conference in the Regional Center today (this is when several congregations in the area gather for combined church services, it happens twice a year.)



We're standing, singing a Christmas Carol (I think... I don't recall the song.)



Every year we have stake conference on the 1st Sunday of the month. Every year Ryan's colleague has his Christmas Party on the same day.  I love it!
In fact I met a woman named Holly who told me how to crack open those pistachios that are barely open and are too small to use your fingernails: simply use one of the other pistachio shells to pry the closed shell apart. Brilliant.  And it worked.



I've always considered Hershey's Syrup as part of a healthy diet.
This was in the kitchen of holiday party we went to.



Norman covered in fish and black beans. We had fish tacos for dinner tonight.



No comments:

Post a Comment