Sunday, December 20, 2015

Christmas Scones and Shrek

My husband knows that the way to my heart is food. I got an early Christmas delivery this week: I am enrolled as a member of a gourmet food of the month club. Yeah Ryan!!! This month that translated into some wonderful lemon poppyseed scones, clotted cream, strawberry preserves and some black tea (which we don't drink for religious reasons, so I admired the box, then sent it on it's way to the rubbish pile.) If you have never had scones with clotted cream, then that needs to become a top priority!  Basically, breakfast was amazing!


Yum!



Yes, that is bacon in the top corner of the picture. You will never go wrong when bacon is part of your healthy diet.



Good morning bath in the sink.



Norman thought sitting in sacrament meeting was lame, so we hung out in the foyer where we able to enjoy the special Christmas program over an intercom type speaker.  FYI: The program was fabulous!!! Loads of songs; heartfelt testimonies of the Savior. Annie came to assist, and is trying to get Norman to crawl to her; a new skill he learned on Thursday night. What a champion!



We were able to have dinner with my Grandfather tonight in his home, which is always so very inviting. The meal was average (which we brought) but the highlight of the evening was decorating gingerbread men with him.



We had such a great time just eating and chatting.



No one is looking up because this is serious business.
Whenever I think of Gingerbread men, I always think of the movie Shrek.

Lord Farquaad: [playing with Gingy's legs] Run, run, run as fast as you can / You can't catch me, I'm the Gingerbread Man! 
Gingerbread Man: You're a monster! 
Lord Farquaad: [tossing legs away] I'm not the monster here, YOU are! You and the rest of that fairytale trash, poisoning my perfect world. Now tell me, where are the others? 
Gingerbread Man: Eat me! 
[spits in Farquaad's face]
Lord Farquaad: I've tried to be fair to you creatures, but now my patience has reached its end! Tell me, or I'll... 
[reaches down]
Gingerbread Man: NO! Not the buttons! Not my gumdrop buttons! 
Lord Farquaad: All right, then! Who's hiding them? 
Gingerbread Man: Okay, I'll tell you... Do you know... the Muffin Man? 
Lord Farquaad: The Muffin Man? 
Gingerbread Man: The Muffin Man. 
Lord Farquaad: Yes, I know the Muffin Man. W-who lives down on Drury Lane? 
Gingerbread Man: Well, she's married to the Muffin Man... 
Lord Farquaad: The Muffin Man? 
Gingerbread Man: THE MUFFIN MAN! 
Lord Farquaad: She's married to the Muffin Man...

Hysterical!!!

1 comment:

  1. If you are a scone fan...which I am as well...you have to try Fisher scones. Michael is from Washington state and it is almost a state food there! I have my mother-in-law send us boxes of the stuff all the time, but I know you can get it on Amazon too. http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Original-Scone-Shortcake-18-Ounces/dp/B001EQ5752/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1450800258&sr=8-1&keywords=fisher+scones

    ReplyDelete