Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Party in the Beehive State

The past 24 hours have been very good to Utah. First, the ladies in my congregation/ sisters in the Relief Society/ lady friends in the neighborhood gathered for a delicious garden potluck.  It was so much fun and delightfully delicious.  A mere twenty hours later we got to cheer on the Tour of Utah bike race that actually raced right through our neighborhood.  It was super fun to watch, and made me want to get into shape... but watching all that exercise also made me hungry... for bacon.



Lovely ladies!



Beautiful garden and picnic area. Good things are bound to happen when you combine fab weather, wonderful women, and delicious food.  There is not a single woman in the group that I don't admire.  I'm so lucky that I get to surround myself with such lovely sistren.*



Walking on the street to a friends house, where we will cheer on the racers.



Some intermission wrestling as we wait for the bikes to zoom by.



This looks like there weren't loads of crazy fast moving bikes, but there were! 
And they were!

* "sistren" is the plural form of the word "sister"
just as "brethren" is the plural form of the word "brother."
Sistren is such a cool word.

No comments:

Post a Comment