Monday, August 31, 2015

Magical laundry

I remember when I was much younger, one summer, writing a song with my siblings about dirty laundry. Both my parents worked full time (three cheers for food and electricity!) Laundry day came no one wanted to do it, but we all still wanted clean underwear.  I recall thinking that laundry was so difficult to do, almost like a complicated magic trick. I no longer feel this way, and recognize that the magic isn't in the actual doing of the laundry, but in the magic of finding the motivation to do the laundry. Profound. Either way, I really wish I knew some magic.

And for the curious:

Dirty Laundry
By the Holman 4 
(not to be confused with the Jackson 5)

Dirty Laundry... hanging on a line
Dirty laundry... smelling up a storm
No one wants to wash you
No one wants to wear you
The washing machine is broke
Let's take you to the dump
and get new clothes
But for now
We'll just have to wear
Clothes pins on our nose.


What are big sister's for?



To place darling little brother's in laundry baskets.



These two are bound to be BFF's.


Best advice I have ever heard at a couples bridal shower.  
"Always make sure you have more underwear than your spouse. Then you will never have to instigate doing the laundry." Wise words.

No comments:

Post a Comment