Friday, July 12, 2013

Venerdi in Venice

Venerdi (Friday) in Italy began on the small island of Morano.  It is world famous for glass making, ans we got to see a couple of glass making demonstrations, enjoyed window shopping, and I have decided that when I get back to Utah I am going to retrofit my kitchen with an oven that I can make glass art in. We are missing the kids, and are excited to see them tomorrow.


Glass making demo.



This is a giant purple and white glass Christmas tree.  If I were somehow able buy this thing, and then could have it shipped, I would send it to my mom, who loves Christmas and the color purple.



This giant glass art thing was on display in a courtyard on Morano.  Incredible.



A lovely little courtyard in Venice.



I got Ryan this delightful hat.  Isn't he handsome?!

No comments:

Post a Comment