Tuesday, July 30, 2013

A Formal Apology to the Scots

Dear Edinburgh Ward, Scotland, Morrills, Hunters (Helen), and my Ancestors,


Due to a series of exciting events, luck, and most likely destiny, Ryan, Preston, Jade and myself are basically starring in a dance that celebrates the English, Irish, Scottish and Welsh Saints that eventually immigrated to America.  We play a pivitol role in the dance of the Scotts, presumably because we are living in Edinburgh.  Jade is actually a Scot, with the accent to prove it, so her moves are legit.  But the rest of us (Preston, Ryan and I) can almost feel our Wallace ancestors cringe with every amateur step we take.  Even nuttier is that 4 houses down from our home in Bountiful, Utah, USA, lives an actaul Scottish family (the Morrill’s), and the mom in the clan actually teaches Scottish dancing!  As it is prohibited to video tape the performance, many of you may never know just how unprofessional our attempt at traditional Scottish dancing is… but we are having an amazing time, and I promise to exaggerate the quality of our Scottish dancing performance!

Love,
Lindsey Joy Smith


You can tell I mean business becasue I have on that white Scottish sash, and am wearing my plaid trousers (a.k.a. "pants" in America.)




Dress rehearsal tonight!



Ryan growing out his beard.  Everyone has a part to play.



Preston and makin a new friend.  Well done, you.



Jade's hair.  Fancy braids and a bun.



We match!



Annie could barely keep still tonight, she is a firecracker!  She got to hold the lamp prop. Cool.


1 comment:

  1. I love the costumes!!! I bet your dancing was great, I wish it could be filmed!! I can't wait to hear about it in the Ensign, its got to be in there!

    ReplyDelete