Friday, July 26, 2013

Passport Panic!


It's hard to properly express the panic that one might experience when realizing that their non-refundable international flight leaves in about 12 hours, and that the passport legally required to make that journey possible is M.I.A. Right around 9:00pm last night my sweet twin sister discovered that her passport was not in her black bag where she thought she had placed it.  I have no idea how she held it together and didn't fling herself into an all out panic.  And to make matters worse, we had a fantastic lightning thunder storm last night that completely knocked out our internet.  So Lesley, Hillary, Ryan and I did the only things we could do: say about 400 prayers, search my car 53 times, unpack and repack 11 times, and eventually head over to the church across the street to access it's still working internet.  We attempted to call the US consulate and the airlines/airport (unsuccessfully) and finally fell asleep, secure in the knowledge that we had really done everything we possibly could have done to locate that stinkin legal document.  We were hoping that God would perform a miracle. Bed time was post 1:00am, with a sunny rise at 6:00am to attempt a few more desperation calls... And then it happened... We got a hold of the airport lost and found on Skype...

 "What day were you last here?"

------"Wednesday, July 17th"...

"What is your name?"

------"Lesley Jane Holman Howe"

"We've got it"


------we gasped so loudly, like on the show the Price is Right, a "you've won a new car" kind of a gasp.  We double checked to make sure that we weren't dreaming.  And we got our miracle.  First, my sisters came to visit me in Edinburgh, Scotland. Second, my Lesley was able to return on her scheduled flight to her clan in Az, passport in hand.  Hillary flew to her brood in CO.  What a day... a day of miracles.

***** This post is for Wednesday, July 24th, 2013*****

1 comment:

  1. So glad there was a happy ending to this fiasco! Sad I was the cause for such a fiasco. So happy that my sweet sisters just mourned and helped search without one single finger point these are great people!!! Man I love my sisters what a great trip, can't say it enough!!

    ReplyDelete