Tuesday, November 17, 2015

The Gift of A Meal

Yesterday afternoon a pal called me up and asked if my dinner for the night was taken care of, asking if I wanted her to bring dinner over.  Indeed, I actually did have something in the works. This particular friend is always an ambassador of food. She often claims that she just made some extra, but I swear that many of her meals are prepared with 12 people in mind (even though she has 4 in her family) and she fully intends to feed some lucky family in the neighborhood.  I thought we were done for the week (in the kindest way, I turned her down on Monday.) However, this afternoon, I got the same call. The same question. Dinner in the works?  And though I have a menu for the week, nothing was warming in a crock pot, nothing was simmering on the stove.  So tonight, my family feasted on a lasagna, some garlic bread, fresh picked apples, and ginger cookies, all not of mine own make.  Food tastes amazing when it's prepared by the hands of a friend.  And 10 points to those who persistently seek to serve others.  I don't think that warm delicious food is considered an official "language of love," but it should be.



Yumm! We love lasagna!



I took Norman to help me at the school today whilst I volunteered.  Not the best of ideas, especially when he became a poopasaurus rex as I graded papers.  What a handsome stinky rhino, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment