Monday, November 2, 2015

One Eye Open!

I have been blessed to enjoy the company of my sweet daughter for an entire decade. Annie Joy Smith is officially 10 years old today.  She enjoys crafts, singing, dancing, Chinese, mischief, teasing, makeup, her brothers, cooking... she is always up to something. A few weeks ago she finished up a swimming class. At the end of the class, she got a written evaluation. It started like this: "Annie has been exciting to teach!" Mercy, that sums it up. Annie has been exciting to parent! I sleep with one eye open, every night, just in case.


Annie's music class had a talent show today.  



She did a fabulous duet dance with her friend. They sang a rap version of "Shake it Off."
Annie is wearing her "It's My Birthday" tiara.



These were all the performers in her class. They did a wonderful job. I seriously wish I could go to a 4th grade talent show every Monday at 12:40pm.



I got new glasses today. Yeah!



This is Norman's reaction to my reaction at discovering he now has a tooth.
It's downstairs, on the left.  Darling!



Annie opened up some gifts. Among her favorite was the giant Costco sized Quick chocolate milk mix. Do I know my daughter or what?!



Last night, I completely lost my mind and failed to post that my oldest son, Preston Edward Albert Smith was ordained to be a Priest in our church. (FYI: 16 is a totally normal age for Mormon boys to become priests:~)  He's such a good boy; handsome, silly and busy!  He just landed one of the lead roles in his school's upcoming musical, The Wiz, so my Tin Man has his hands full the next few months.




No comments:

Post a Comment