Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Stars at Ikea

So, after putting together an entire kitchen from Ikea (the delivery truck dropped off over 200+ bits to assemble that kitchen) I totally know my way around an Ikea project.  For the last few months, Annie and Norman's bedroom has felt like the sound of nails running down a chalkboard.  I made the lovely quilt that was on Annie's bed, but the quilt was super busy, and so was everything else in the room, coupled with too much furniture, twice the amount of clothing necessary for either child... basically I spend a lot of time in that room feeding Norman, changing his stinky, dressing him, reading to him, and I just felt no peace in the chaos.  It also had no closet doors, so all the closet mess was on display in all it's glory.  Anyone that knows me well knows that 1) I have twin and when I thought my pig collection would make a nice home in our shared bedroom, she quickly took over the decorating in our said room and 2) I have an architect professor husband, so he runs the decor show in our house... which is normally fine... but for the love of all good things, If I had to spend even 2 more seconds in that room, and he's off on his 11 day business trip, then it was time to take matters into my own hands.  As you see the pictures below, embrace that I am not an interior decorator... but if you don't think it looks good, just imagine what it must have looked like before. 10 points to me for changing my stars...or at least the stars in the Norman/Annie wing.


One of my favorite parts of this movie is the idea that people can "change their stars."
I also love the acting of Heath Ledger (boo that he's dead) and Paul Bethany.



What stars do you want to change?



Owen played assistant during the nightstand assembly.
Annie played babysitter, because Norman didn't care that I was upgrading his room. Typical.



The floating ceiling flowers were made by Annie and me.  
All of the artwork is painted on canvas by Ms. Annie Joy herself.
FYI: I think it's super dumb that women/girls have a distinction of married vs not: Ms. vs Mrs., like it's anyones business... when boys/men just are who they are: Mr..... there, I said it.



Curtains up in the room. Boom baby. Norman playing with his diaper cream.


1 comment:

  1. Annie's art work is incredible!! I should have let you decorate with pigs! Lastly the room turned out terrific, nurse away in peace!

    ReplyDelete