Thursday, November 19, 2015

Brace Yourself

My oldest son, now a junior in high school, officially joined the ranks of all the brave, crooked teeth people who are aligning their jaws, straightening their chops, and turning their yellowish teeth into a pearly white. Preston got braces today. His face hurt a bit tonight, and he was told that tomorrow he would feel even worse. Bummer.  Somewhat related, when I think of my husband, I am grateful to his parents for several things but two items really cinched our wedding: #1 They taught my husband to work.  He got to mow his 2 acre lawn, using a push mower, for about 3 hours every Saturday, and #2 They got him braces.  His pre-teen pics are darling, but his big, beautiful straight teethed smile is what caught my attention right off the bat.  In only 18-24 months, Preston's braces will be a thing of the past. For now, we're super glad he landed the role of "Tin Man" in his schools upcoming play " The Wiz." He's always been very good at getting into character.



Doesn't he look happy. And i even get to photobomb his pic!



Wait for it...



Preston and braces!



My Simon is on the safety patrol at school. Two afternoons a week he volunteers his time to help kids cross the parking lot safely.



What a champion.



We're also working on his science fair project. oohing quite like buying 18 bottles of soda.  
I still think that soda is the devil, but that's not what his experiment is about.


No comments:

Post a Comment