Sunday, November 8, 2015

Jumper Cables

For Annie's birthday I gave her a gift card to go to Michaels.  She begged me all week to go with her so she could grab some items, but this week has been super busy and I wanted to go with her when we would have more time to spend. I was able to hold her off until Saturday, and we went as promised. Every once in a while, when I'm feeling down and slightly bummed about the lameness of my life ( surprising, but yes, this does happen to thee Lindsey "Joy") I follow the teaching that the best way to turn that frown upside down is to help people.  So I offered a little prayer that I might locate someone who actually needed my help.  When we were walking back to the car Annie elbowed me and pointed to a man who's car was right in front of us.  He was opening up his hood, which is never good sign. His wife and kids were piled in the car. It was cold. I've been in this exact same position more times than I can found and I knew he probably needed his car jumped.  I even had jumper cables. He was very grateful and I felt happy about helping someone.  When we drove away Annie and I were discussing what had just happened.  I thanked her for pointing the man out, telling her that sometimes I just don't feel like I help people enough.  She looked puzzled and was like "Mom, you've been helping me all day.".... And it's true.  I think that because I made my kids, that I often don't consider helping them as doing a good deed, but just as a parental duty.  Three cheers for a pep talk from my daughter, and for all the women everywhere that sometimes don't feel like they're helping enough, but are just failing to count those they assist that are closest to them.



We walked down every single aisle at Michaels. Literally, every single one. It was so much fun. Annie finally decided that she wanted to buy a canvas with some paints. Solid choice.



Owen playing with some dice, Toooo fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment