Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Modern Conveniences

In this season of gratitude, I think it only appropriate that on the first Wednesday of the month, I list a few modern conveniences that I am grateful for.  Most of the list is in no particular order, except for #7. Last the best of all the game.

Deodorant - Lady Speed Stick Lilac is my favorite, for sure.

Minivans - automatic doors, 8 seats, big enough to accommodate a crowd, small enough that maneuvering is no big whoop.

Cell phones - I got my first cell phone when I was 27, and it was an epic event.  I remember pre-cell phone days, being pregnant, hoping that I could get a hold of Ryan if I went into labor... How old school does that sound?!

Bare Minerals - It has taken years to find make-up that matches my face, looks good for several hours, and is fun to put on. 10 points to bare minerals.

Blendtec Blender - They were on of my first sponsors when I held the cooking competition (aka the Food Feud) and I also just love me a good shake.  Tonight my Blendtec helped me consume a Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Shake.  Happy Lindsey.

Microphones - How sad the pioneer children must have been on the plains, having no opportunity to sneak into the meeting house chapel, and sing the National Anthem at the top of their lungs.  I remember doing that as a kid, and I still find it hard to pass by a live mic without offering a ballad.

Feminine Hygiene Products - I will never, ever, in a million years ever feel even the slightest twinge of guilt for any feminine hygiene products that make their way to landfills... "No applicator = less waste!" Seriously, you've got to be kidding me.


It's a small world. Blendtec Blenders are made in Utah. Ryan and I were lucky enough to go to Venice for our 15th anniversary.  This lovely shop made the most amazing smoothies that I've ever had, and they were made in a Blendtec blender.  Coincidence? I think not.

No comments:

Post a Comment