Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Caramel Apples

Every once in a while, a recipe gets into my head and I think that I might die if I do not make it soon.  Enter the Caramel Apple. Everything about it says fall: apples, gooey, comforting and cozy, caramel is a lovely shade of brown (a fall color.) Anyways, my dear friend has a killer caramel recipe, that is so wonderful, and since I am a generous kind hearted rhino I will share it with each and every one of you.

Killer Caramel for Apples and Happiness

1 c. sugar
1 c. butter
1 c. corn syrup
1 can sweetened condensed milk (sorry, I don't have the ounces, as I am in bed, ready to go to sleep, and don't want to go check my pantry to discover the actual metric weight.)


Mix it all together in a pan and keep on low... very low, stirring occasionally.  Have a glass of ice water handy, when it starts to get pleasantly thick, drop a bit of caramel into the ice water to help it firm up.  TGrab the caramel out of the cup. It will be ready when you can handle it (as in it's not too soft  and doesn't hold shape) but not too firm (could crack teeth on.) Once you are satisfied with it's hardness, take it off the heat and dip apples into the caramel.  It should be loads of fun, and the apple makes this a healthy snack :~)




For the love of all good things. Doesn't that look like it's calling your name?!?



Annie Joy with friends singing at the school's "Muir's Got Talent."  They sang Taylor Swift's "We are never getting back together." It was so rad!


Calvin had a game tonight and he did great.  This is him with his team. Makes
me think of one of my favorite songs, "I Wish" by Skee Low.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you posted this!!! I was wanting to call you to get the recipe, now i don't have to cramp my hand writing it down and call you obsessively for clarification. Can't wait to fo this best caramel apples ever. I bet Annie rocked it, we love that song as well as I wish I was a baller I wish I was taller I wish I had a girl and then I would call her.....

    ReplyDelete