Sunday, May 19, 2013

The Curious Incident of the Towel in the Nighttime.

Here's the sad tale.  Today was lovely, complete with a delicious mexican dinner fed to my crew of seven, four missionaries, and a friend who is investigating our church (the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, aka Mormons.)  We ate, laughed, read scriptures together and in general had a lovely evening.  After playing the hostess for the evening, and getting the kids to bed, I decided that a nice hot shower was in order. I grabbed my towel off the hook on my bedroom door. After basking for a bit, I got a knock on the door that Simon had to use use the Loo, and someone else was in the upstairs bathroom, so I hurried out.  I walked into the kitchen to squeeze water from my hair and found my kind husband working on dinner dishes.  What a guy.  It smelled of old food in the kitchen.  Almost like throw up... I told him so and he just said that I had probably been in the kitchen cooking too long.  I went to my room and rubbed the towel over my whole body.  That is when I noticed the dried vomit on my towel.  The vomit that I had just rubbed on almost every clean, square inch of me. Some villainous individual had hung a puke towel on the back of my door.  Who does that?  What is the world coming to?  Please remember this story, and the lesson it holds.  If you think you've had a bad day, just remember that once upon a time, Lindsey Joy Smith wiped a vomit towel on her clean body.  That should cheer you up, and hopefully make you laugh.



This is what the towel looks like, when it is folded and clean and not covered in sick.



Calvin and Ryan made this fantastic funicular pulley cart after church today.  Totally cool.  



We were lucky enough to have some friends drop by this afternoon, Silvia and Gordon.  I got to chat for a bit with Silvia whilst making dinner, and Gordon got to be mauled by Simon, Owen and Annie. This was taken after the horsey rides.

5 comments:

  1. Yuck-o!! That is so gross, find the culprit and punish, punish I tell you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally relate! I hate to tell you this, but it will happen again. Plan on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Todd and I will arrive in Scotland August 8th around 8:30am. We're traveling with a few of Todd's brothers and their wives. We'll be flying out to Ireland on the 10th at 9:30am and staying at the Hotel Missoni. Our prayers are that you'll still be around and free to spend time with us. We'd like it to be as much as possible!!!! Let me know if you can fit us into your lives on those dates, what I can bring from the States for you, and any suggestions of Scotland sites for a 2 day adventure. Seeing your family is the highlight of this trip and really the only place we want to be. We miss you guys so much!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no Lindsey! Made me roar with laughter though...so so gross!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot begin to tell you how hard I laughed!!! Then I read the story to Sina...she laughed and I laughed harder...I think because I could totally imagine your face as you discovered the dried up vomit! :-)

    ReplyDelete