Saturday, May 11, 2013

Four Baptisms!

My family were lucky enough to witness four lovely people, all dressed in white, being baptized today. They are now official members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Yippeee! It reminded me of my own baptism (27 years ago!) and the baptisms of my three older children.  What a blessing that we can join God's church on earth, that we can follow the example of Jesus Christ, that our sins can be completely forgiven and that we can be made entirely clean.  It was a truly joyous occasion.  Annie Joy, who is not yet 8, talks frequently about when she will be old enough to be baptized.  The other day, while in an argument, she said "I am not even going to respond to that because I am getting ready to be baptized." Made me think, how often do I say to myself "I should not respond, or I should help more, or should not judge, or should pray more often because I have been baptized."  Many from the congregation came tonight to support the new converts.  I volunteered to make a simple dessert for after: lemon bundt with whipped cream and strawberries. Three lovely young women, who are investigating the church, even came to the baptism to help me dish up.  I have a testimony that any special occasion can be made even more special by delicious food. To learn more about baptism, be cool and check out the following link:

http://www.lds.org/topics/baptism?lang=eng


Lemon, strawberries and whipped cream. Mighty tasty.

1 comment: