Thursday, May 23, 2013

Fish out of Water

Owen had a playdate today.  A good friend of his from nursery school, Oakley, came to the house to frolic.  They had a great time being super hero's, pretending to be in real school with Annie, pinching 5 bags of crisps! (chips), and eating chocolate chip peanut butter cookies. The activity they enjoyed best, though, was changing our fish's water.  Owen loves to actually grab the fish with his bare hand to put him in the temporary container while I clean out his tank.  Today, with the excitement of an audience, he accidentally dropped Chippy, a distance of about three inches, onto the kitchen table.  Quick as lightening he scooped it up and plopped it into the water.  Sometimes I feel like that dropped fish. Here in Scotland... as a mother...as a wife... on this planet... Just swimming along, then suddenly finding myself floundering, when I thought it was all going so well.  Like my Skype call with my twin, which concluded with Lesley saying "Hey, I don't know if you know this but Owen and Annie are putting on your make-up." Isn't Skype great.  Fortunately, Oakley had gone home and wasn't in on the face painting. Unfortunately, they used my ever-last lipstick that wouldn't come off tonight. Fortunately, we all have similar skin tones, so the color looks great on them... I'm ready to be put back into my tank now.



Owen (with some blue face paint), Oaks and Annie. Chippy in the water pitcher that I would later use for dinner, but forget to wash out: take that, make-up thieves! 

1 comment:

  1. Hee Hee I thought he put on mascara, the ever stay lipstick can take a whole day to leave. Adrianna had a "black eye" from that stuff. It was a dark shade of pink so it looked pretty severe... Just like Own didn't hesitate to put the fish back you have a loving Heavenly Father that is scooping you up right now! Its just slow motion cause we a re big.

    ReplyDelete