Monday, January 18, 2016

The Talk

Not to brat (which is what my second son used to call a "brag") but my fabulous husband gave a really great talk in church today.  We discussed some ideas about the topic, but the final version was completely new to me.  Ryan spoke about faith in a world that emphasizes negativity, he talked about focusing on what is right, rather than what is wrong. Good stuff. In fact, several have requested a copy of his talk, which he is happy to share... which brings me to the next issue... I gave a talk last week in church and no one has asked me for a copy of it.  So I've told him that he shouldn't give his talk out to anyone, unless they also want mine too...equally yoked and whatnot:~)


Nana and Norman during the closing hymn.



Lunch with my Grandfather at his new residence, a retirement home. Good food, great facility.



Good looking group!



There is something so intensely satisfying about a bundt that comes perfectly out of it's bundt pan home.  Sticky Toffee pudding to die for.  My parents in town always translates into delicious company cuisine.

*** This post is for January 17th, 2016***

3 comments:

  1. I would love a copy if your talk! I missed it :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love a copy if your talk! I missed it :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. His talk was great! I felt the spirit...the whole meeting was great but it was nice to hear his personal story. The struggle of cancer. I would love a copy of his talk! I

    ReplyDelete