Monday, January 25, 2016

Snow Day! Most of Church Cancelled!

Doesn't that sound interesting?! Mormon church actually last three hours long (3 hours!) So being dismissed after taking the sacrament, which is a meeting that last one hour and ten minutes (1 hr 10 min = kind of an odd, random time) felt like a lovely little break. I do love church, and I do love my 3 hour meeting, but my plan as soon as I heard I would be surprisingly free for the next 1 hour and fifty minutes was to find an answer to churchy question that I had.  In a meeting known as "General Conference" we heard from two leaders, in a row, that spoke about inquiring of the Lord what we individually need to work on, a "What lack I yet/what should I be improving about myself?" kind of a conversation.  The talks showed very specific examples: interrupting, bad language, etc. But when I gave that prayer a whirl...I could think of loads of things I should be doing to improve myself with, but nothing that felt like a divinely inspired answer. Fast forward to the one hour of meeting I went to. A speaker talked about following gospel principles and I knew what I would do with my time off. I came home, read some churchy stuff: scriptures/talks/manuals and made a list of about 20 basic gospel principles. I printed the list, cut them into strips, and folded them up, put them in a jar, said a prayer and drew out a gospel principle. Apparently, God knows that I like to play games and thought this would be a more entertaining way for me to receive my improvement list.  I'm not telling you what I'm going to work on, because it's none of your beeswax (and I really don't want any free advice about how to improve my item/ don't want anyone bugging me about slow/no progress...), but I'm including the list.  You will now know that God wants me to work on one of the items below. If you're looking for a good FHE (Family Home Evening Activity) then print this baby up and play the game!

My Non comprehensive List of Gospel Principles

Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ

Repentance

Baptism

Seeking Guidance from the Holy Ghost

Sacrament

Sabbath Day

Fasting

Endurance

Sacrifice

Service

Work

Charity

Honesty

Tithing

Missionary work

Developing talents

Obedience

Chastity

Scripture reading

Temple Work

Prayer


Gratitude



Early morning riser got in another hour in between us.  What a piece of fudge.



Annie often removes Norman's pants because she loves his little legs.



Norman and avocados are BFF's.



Fabulous Sunday dinner: loads of veg and meat cooked on the skillet in butter, dipped in a sweet soy sauce.  So yummy and fun.

**** This post is for Sunday, January 24th, 2016****

No comments:

Post a Comment