Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Dog years at School

In what weather reports said would be a snowy day, it actually drizzled a bit and then some snow started to melt. As the snow melted, so did my heart. Actually I volunteered at the kids' school today, and that does always make me feel happy inside.  I love seeing my littles, doing their things, learning with their friends. I also think there's value in their teachers seeing me, seeing that I don't always (but do sometimes) see their time off at school as simply a break from parenting.



Simon thinks taking off snow pants during school is  waste of time, thus the snow pants.
Owen also agrees and told me that he keeps his on as well.



Sometimes when I volunteer I'm asked to do some clerical things.
Today's never ending craft was to make 70 booklets.  It took 1 hour and 10 minutes, which felt like 8 hours and 20 minutes hours, which meant I experienced the task in dog years.



The night was finished up with a little dice game of Tenzi, at Owen's insistence.  I love this game, and playing it with this crew.


No comments:

Post a Comment