Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Pool Party!

So fun to have my parents with us on MLK Day. We had an adult wedding dinner to go to tonight, so our FHE (family home evening) became a FHB (family home breakfast) where we watched part of MLK's "I Have A Dream" speech, and listened to our two favorite MLK song's: Shed a Little Light by James Taylor, and In the Name of Love by U2. I will be eternally grateful for the civil Rights movements in our history, and look forward with hope to a cuter that gets better and better at judging people by the content of their character, and not the color of their skin (or by their clothes, gender, religion, profession, etc...)


Papa, my fabulous father, in the lazy river with my boys!



Annie took on the high dive!



Wedding dinner for my wonderful cousin! The venue was lovely, the food was divine, 
and I love spending time with my parents and family!

***This post is for Monday, January 18th, 2016***



2 comments:

  1. I rarely see people have wedding dinners anymore. I guess it is a matter of practicality. After all, the bride and groom are usually eager to go off and enjoy their honeymoon. Guests who have travelled some distance to attend the wedding need to be back home safely. It is usually for reasons like these that many people host a wedding lunch or brunch.

    Stella Hammond @ Palm City Pools

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how fun. I think there were a few years when I was little that we decided to have a pool party. And mine was in January too so it was always an indoor pool party. But that is kind of what made it fun because it had been so long since we had all been swimming that it's awesome.

    Nelson Myers @ Aquanetics Pools and Spas

    ReplyDelete