Saturday, October 20, 2012

The Union Canal

Today we focused on leisurely strolls around our new home.  On the street just North of Colinton runs the Union Canal.  It was a remnant of pre-railroad shipping transportation.  Now it is used for recreation, is home to some ducks and swans, dog walkers and many joggers and bicyclists can be found on it's path.  When we were polite enough to move out of the way, a happy "Cheers" was expressed.  A nice man let us pet his dog. I told him to have a good day and he replied with "And you." I thought it was very funny (I'm sure because of the accent) but Ryan did not.
I am reading the menu of a narrow boat cafe along the canal. 

This is the public park just opposite the canal. Dogs run free, and so do our children.

This is inside the cafe boat.  We ordered hot chocolate with whipped cream and cakes.  The owner/chef/waiter had dread locks down to his belt. Unexpected.

4 comments:

  1. Jacket layers and hot chocolate - it must be cold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We hear it's actually isn't that cold yet, which frightens us!

      Delete
  2. LOVING all these posts!!! keep them coming!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad that someone is reading my posts! Come visit and I will take you to the cafe boat!

      Delete