Sunday, October 21, 2012

Open Mic at the Primary Presentation

Today was our Ward's Primary Presentation, which is when the kids aged 3-11 help give talks and sing songs and speak in the most sacred of our church meetings, Sacrament meeting.  Of the 13 primary children, Calvin (10), Simon (9), Annie (6), and Owen (4) all cheerfully participated in what might have been the most unique (yet highly entertaining) Primary presentation I have ever been to.  Before I give the details, I need to make a few things known.  It was lovely.  The theme was Choose the Right and the talks were fantastic.  The children sang on key and with vigor.  The uncommon part came when the primary president had all 4 members of the junior primary (2 of which were mine) head on up to the microphone for a little "Friendship Q&A." She asked them questions like "Why is it important to be a good friend?" and "What do you like to do with your friends?" and "What do you like to play with your friends?" The children willingly and simultaneously shouted their various answers into the mic.  The President was so lovingly and enthusiastically, unintentionally, egging them on that they couldn't help themselves.  I know what words have escaped the mouths of me we ones, and I was scared to death! It might have only gone on for a few minutes, but it felt like 10, watching my dears yell and giggle into the chapel mic.  In her defense, she has had this calling for 2 weeks adn I'm sure had to leap into the role of planning this thing. Regardless, she made every single child feel like they were very special, important, and wonderful children of God.  I wonder how often my kids are getting that same message from me? 


The monthly Relief Society enrichment meeting was on Thursday.  We wrapped shoe boxes for Christmas and filled them with goodies (sweets, tooth brushes, toys, etc.) This is the 6th year that the ward will be shipping Christmas care packages to Bulgaria. Charity Never Faileth.  
I love these kinds of R.S. activities.

The ladies bathroom at church.  The hot comes out very hot and the cold comes out like ice.  To wash my hands comfortable I bounced back and forth between the two extreme temps. The pale pink just killed me dead, and the door locks look like a portable potty, 
with a green patch if it's open and red if in use.

2 comments:

  1. How sweet about the primary program! That is the one sacrament meeting when I really think they should allow picture taking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute. I would love an open mic during the primary program.

    ReplyDelete