Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Contacts!

I haven't worn contacts for several years.  Basically, the shape of my eyes are all wonky, and my prescription is so strong, that finding contacts that 1) feel totally comfortable 2) Sit steady in my eye without rotating and 3) Give me high quality vision... are virtually impossible.  So there's that.  But with our "We survived last year" trip coming up to Hawaii (did i mention that yet?) I really want to wear contacts so that I can wear sunglasses, so that I can look like a Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition model (In reality, I hate that issue for so many reasons!... but you get the idea.) Beach = sunglasses.  Well, I got them today, and they didn't bother me very much, and I could see well too.  Me thinks my ophthalmologist was just trying to play down his mad prescription making skills.  It's always nice to start with low expectations, and have things go better than planned.



I sooo debated whether or not to photoshop the bags under my eyes.
But I'm owning it. Thats me! 37 years old, wearing glasses for 32 of those years. But not today!
I can't wait to get my haircut so I can see what my hairdresser is up to.  A "big reveal" at the end isn't all it's cracked up to be.

2 comments:

  1. You look fantastic!! I am so thrilled they beat your expectations! Hawaii sounds nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look fantastic!! I am so thrilled they beat your expectations! Hawaii sounds nice!

    ReplyDelete