Thursday, September 17, 2015

Attributes

I'm teaching a lesson in church in a few weeks.  The topic is "the attributes of Christ" and so it has been on my mind a lot lately.  It seems that along with a plethora of names that Christ is known by, there are also loads of wonderful attributes He is known for.  Today, I keep thinking about the Christlike attribute of forgiveness.  "Father forgive them, for they know not what they do."  I would hope to be known as a person who forgives freely and frankly... like my husband. He honestly doesn't hold grudges, not with me and not with others.  This isn't my normal Thursday night line of thinking, but I think the more we learn about Christ and his attributes, hopefully the better we will be able to recognize our own god-like qualities, the more we will catch little glimpses of the divine in ourselves,  leading us to further develop Christlike attributes. But for tonight, forgiving is on my mind. In a favorite country song by Tim McGraw, "Live like You Were Dying" forgiving is one of the things he decides to do, with the belief that his days are numbered.  It's a great song.


Looks so much like Ryan when he wears his black shirt, and his black jacket and his black cowboy hat.  They're like twins.

Live Like You Were Dying by Tim McGraw

He said I was in my early forties
With a lot of life before me
When a moment came that stopped me on a dime
And I spent most of the next days
Looking at the x-rays
And talking about the options, talking 'bout sweet time
And I asked him when it sank in
That this might really be the real end
How's it hit you get that kind of news
Man, what'd you do (he said)
I went sky divin
I went rocky mountain climbing
I went two point seven seconds
On a bull named Fu Man Chu
And I loved deeper and I spoke sweeter
And gave forgiveness I'd been denying
And he said some day I hope you get the chance
To live like you were dying

1 comment:

  1. Wow girly!!! Love this more than you know. You always make me smile and feel so privileged to know you. It so parallels the article I'm reading by David a. Bednar, The Character of Christ. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete