Monday, July 27, 2015

Mr. Van Allsberg

One of my favorite activities to do with my children is to read. One of my very favorite authors is Mr. Chris Van Allsberg. He, in fact wrote Jumangi, Zathura, and the Polar Express.  All are excellent reads, but they are not my very favorites of his works. The Widow's Broom and The Sweetest Fig are in a dead even tie.  Even more fantastic than the stories are the illustrations, which by some extra Allsberg talent bonus, he also does as well. To be an author and an illustrator is the stuff that my dreams are made of! And even if I can't draw worth a hill of beans, I'm a lucky duck to have spent the last few days with my kids cuddled around me, sharing with them some of my very favorite books.



A perfect Halloween read!



For Animal lovers.



An autumn read.



The book is maybe 4 million time setter than the movie. Maybe 5 million.



Calvin is off to Scout Camp this week.  For as much as my oldest boy loathes scouts, his younger brother can't get enough.



Good boys. Nice friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment