Sunday, June 7, 2015

The End of Another School Year

We never thought it would come, but it finally did. Sweet summer, here we come!  Ryan was diagnosed with cancer just as the school year began. I remember talking with them and explaining to them that it would take the entire school year for Dad to get better again.  I'm so glad that Ryan hasn't had any major setbacks. I'm so grateful that I no longer need to check backpacks for homework assignments and permission slips that need signing (and lets be honest, my efforts were waning.) I'm ready for sunburns and movie marathons, for barbecues and park parties. For Italian sodas and authentic meatballs and walks along the streets of Venice... okay, I have no plans to go to Italy this summer, but with the end of school and warm weather on the horizon, almost anything seems possible.



Owen with a lunch from Arctic Circle. In keeping with the lunch issue theme, his teacher called me about an hour before they walked to the park on their field trip and said, I noticed Owen doesn't have a home lunch or a school lunch, are you bringing one by for him? ah.... Of course I am. That was my plan all along;~)



At the park, I helped out at a relay station where each team was trying to dil a bucket of popcorn as fast as they could, by filling a cup on their foot with popcorn and racing 30 feet to dump it in the bucket.  As you can see by the popcorn on the ground, it wasn't as easy as it sounded, but was loads of fun.



After school, Annie, Owen and all neighbors pals that felt inclined came over and splashed in the sprinklers, did Annie's "Wipeout" obstacle course, and ate popcorn and licorice. Way fun.



Owen enjoyed the sunny weather, and I enjoyed his soft baby skin.



Ryan was like, "Hey, summer's here. Want a mow hawk?"
Owen was like "Sure!" I was not involved.



After school we always go to Baskin Robbins for a celebratory ice-cream.  Annie and Calvin opted out, so I ate their cones instead.... I didn't, but I wanted to.

No comments:

Post a Comment