Tuesday, June 30, 2015

An Old Fashioned Auction

This evening was spent in the company of some fabulous women in my ward/neighborhood.  Tonight was a Relief Society meeting (that's the name of the women's group in the Mormon church.) We gathered and held a service auction, meaning that the ladies each brought an item to auction off, or volunteered a service/ item that would be redeemed at a later date.  It was so much fun. I brought a copy of the book that I wrote, FEAST, and made peanut brownies to go with it.  In return, I walked away with a coupon for a home-made floral arrangement, a fab relaxation basket,  and finished the night by tying quilts for the hospital and with a slice of pie (actually several mini slices, but when you eat mini slices it's impossible to count how many slices you've actually eaten.) It was wonderful. 10 points to the gals who made this activity possible, and points to all those that donated auction items/fleece supplies.  It was a night well spent.



My auction paddle and a bag of M&M's. When we walked into the room, each woman was handed a bag filled with 1/4 c M&M's. On the table was a point system with differing values for each different color. I ended up having 1443 points, which was plenty!



Look at my winnings! The basket and the gift certificate.



Our auctioneer did an amazing job.  The activity was titled "Have I Done Any Good" which is the start of a song that continues... "in the world today? Have I helped anyone in need?"... which is a great question to ask yourself at the end of the day.



Whilst I was at a churchy opportunity tonight, Ryan was with the kids watching the final performance of their musical.  They did well, and are sad that it's over.

No comments:

Post a Comment