Monday, June 23, 2014

Turtle Loom

My sweet children have it in their minds that we need to get a husband for their Greek Turtle, Athena Xena.  The idea is that it would be simply darling to have little turtle babies running around.  I see a few  problems with this idea: reptile breeding. I don't know anything about breeding reptiles, I imagine it's difficult, and I don't want to actually know anything about how to breed Greek turtles. Another hiccup is space.  Our current turtle habitat is kind of tight and I would possibly be turtle abuse to cram them both into a somewhat smallish cage, let alone all of those turtle babies. And then there's the cost.  I'm not sure about the going rate of turtles in other parts of the world, but out here, it's over $100 to get a turtle, and I have informed the kids that they will need to raise that money if they want another turtle pet.  They are undeterred.


Annie, Owen and Simon set up a dale in the front yard, selling various items that Annie made on her rainbow loom.  She even made a bit of money (much thanks to our generous, kind hearted, and fashion conscious neighbors.) Well done kids!

We also were lucky enough to go to the library with Grandma, then to the DI, and then she was able to see all of my karate kids at practice.  Well done boys! Grandma and I loved watching you! FHE we walked around the Bountiful Temple. The weather was perfect and the company ideal.



No comments:

Post a Comment