Monday, June 30, 2014

Dog Hero

Instead of Channel 5 airing their regularly scheduled "Studio 5" program, the President of the United States of America felt he needed to address the nation about Immigration reform. Blah, blah, blah.  What this translated into, at least in Lindsey land, was that instead of my demonstration on apple fritters being featured on the show, they weren't. He might of said something really profound and life changing, but if he did, I didn't catch it.  I was too busy hoping that he would speed things up so that I could check out my performance. Oh well. The day has, however, totally ended on a high note. We are trying out a dog (and she's trying out us.) A friend of mine has retired her seeing eye dog, and was looking for a great home for her to move too, so that she can work uninterrupted with her new seeing eye dog.  So for the next few days, and hopefully longer, we will have Cricket living with us. She is a dog hero, a life saver (actually), a Golden Labrador, perfectly trained, entirely delightful, and maybe my future best freind. A dog hero. Cricket is a dog hero.


 A lovely banana split: aka FHE dessert. MMM.



Eating with the Andrews. What a great family! I'm 99% positive that Annie is somehwere working on a craft of some kind.



Simon loving on Cricket.



Annie and Cricket under the table. I don't know why.



Steve, Becky and Cricket. 
She is such a wonderful dog.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word! You are amazing and such a blessing in our lives. We had such a wonderful evening with your family and so excited for our sweet Cricket and your family. She is indeed a hero dog :).

    ReplyDelete