Wednesday, June 18, 2014

My Neighborhood

Not all neighborhoods are created equal, and I'm talking about the people (aka the friendliness factor) here. I simply love the people that I am surrounded by.  If I ever needed a cup of sugar, an emergency sitter, a blessing, a listening ear, or a hug, I wouldn't have to look very far.  I hope with all my heart that my dear neighbors feel the same way about the Smith family.  Below are a few pics that illustrate the joy of living in such a loving, welcoming community (FYI, a few houses right close to me are going up for sale, so come check them out, move in, and stock up on sugar in case I need it:~)


A picture of our neighborhood potluck lunch. The women folk meet monthly to pig out and learn about preparedness (it's called the Preparedness picnic.) SInce we had an earthquake just a week ago, we discussed quake safety... the triangle of life.



We drove home to find some of Preston's neighborhood friends standing at our door, with mannequin heads. I like the friend who is holding a blow dryer. Weird. Awesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment