Monday, June 9, 2014

Baby Blessings!

Today two of my dear cousins had their darling little babies blessed.  I was only able to make it to one of their blessings (church duties, etc.) There is something so wonderful about seeing a family surround this new little baby, fresh from heaven, being welcomed into their church family.  In the Mormon church (aka the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints) infants are officially welcomed into the congregation by a special blessing that is typically given by babies father. In the blessing, the child's name is declared for the records of the church.  Often the blessing includes glimpses of potential and the spiritual gifts that this child possesses, or can develop.  Basically, it's awesome!  I'm so happy for my cousins and their new little ones.


I'm holding a little man child: Mr. Jonah. He is delightfully pudgy, and just as darling as his older sister.
Adrianna (Age) and Will sure make cute kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment