Sunday, May 17, 2015

Mormon Temples

A dear friend of mine went to the temple, the Bountiful Utah temple to be specific, for the very first time this week. The missionaries that she has been working with were able to join us.  It was a wonderful visit. Temples are mentioned throughout the Holy Bible, and Mormons believe that they still have a role in our worship here and now. I remember my maiden voyage to the Mesa Arizona temple when I was 12 years old.  All Mormon temples have a few things in common: they are clean, they are peaceful, they are reverent, and therein people learn about God about His plan, which only makes me eager to learn even more about everything.


Ann. She thought these particular flowers were lovely.



Ann and I in front of the Bountiful Temple.



Elder Willford and Elder Gillies (which is pretty hysterical that we call these men Elders, given the reality that they are either in their late teens or early twenties... but that's just what we call the male missionaries in our church) and Ann and I.
We grabbed some Mexican food afterward to celebrate the big day.

No comments:

Post a Comment