Monday, March 14, 2016

Zero no More!

Norman Harold Thomas Smith is now a one year old.  This has been such  wonderful year with our newest family addition.  Having a caboose has many benefits: potentially the biggest being that I am so experienced at this parenting thing that I already know of and embrace my parenting mediocrity. My expectations for myself are already fairly low and I have older children with which to gage how little my parenting efforts have truly impacted them.  The pressure is just not as intense with Mr. Caboose. He also has the benefits from the fact that I know that everything he does is art.  I feel like the luckiest mother today (and it isn't even St. Paddy's yet!) to be the mother of this special little boy: he's darling, can crawl with speed, is working on his top teeth, loves bath time (especially with his sister) and is an all around high quality one year old.  He's truly my pie baby, and I feel incredibly blessed that Norman is a part of my set of 6 people that get to call me Mom. Happy birthday, my little piece of baby fudge!


Norman loves to crawl through the kitchen stools,




Norman and I were waiting for Annie and Calvin to finish their guitar lessons.



Owen bought this onsie for Norman with his own allowance money.



I love his siblings encouraging Norm to open unwrap his gifts.
He sat on Calvin the entire time. Cal is super soft and gentle with his baby brother.



Annie and this boy have a special bond.



This was little Norman at just 3 months. Time flies.



We got Norman the abacus to give hims a head start with calculating. It would be a real shame to be born on pi day and to be terrible at math. I'm attempting to prevent a catastrophe.



I did a demo on tv today: Lucky Beef Stew and Irish Soda Bread.
It went fine. Airs tomorrow at 11:00am on Channel 5. I'm at the top of the show so it 
starts with my segment.


No comments:

Post a Comment