Saturday, March 7, 2015

Breakfast with a Buddy

This week my children's elementary school is celebrating reading week.  They've dressed up in wacky clothes, worn crazy socks, put on silly hats... oh, and have also done some extra reading. In the middle of the week, before school starts, the PTA gets juice and doughnuts and all the kids come a little bit earlier then normal to eat a treat, and read with the big person they brought with them.  I joined my kids and read a few pages from a dragon book. Nothing makes me want to read more than being sardined into an elementary school gym with other parents and children, sans tables and chairs, eating glazed doughnuts and sipping on a juice box. That's always how I prefer to read to my children:~)


Simon was there, but the second he got his doughnut he took off.  I hope he found a buddy to read to him.

*** This post is for Thursday, March 5, 2015***

No comments:

Post a Comment