Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Marching to the Beat

So, in spite of blizzard weather in Park City, UT on January 21st, my dear friend and I drove through thick snow to participate in the World Wide Women's march. It was incredible.  We listened to tunes, picked up some marchers (who couldn't find parking close enough but still had quite a way to get to the actual march location.) We chanted, sang, walked, and consumed some of the best fresh donuts I think I have ever had.  I was marching for all the women in the world who deserve safety, peace, opportunity, justice and dignity.  I was marching to the beat of my own drum. Many dear friends joined me on that historic day and marched to their own beat as well. Other fabulous friends were listening to different music, with a different beat, and were no where near any marches... I think one of the best attributes we ladies possess is the ability to cheerlead each other.  To encourage our sisters (and brothers) to try their best, to reach for the stars, to help and love and encourage those around us, and those across the globe. We are all not going to do that in the same way.  And that's okay. Marching was part of my way.



Isn't Park City beautiful?! And my signs were made with love,
and faith in the future.



I don't know the name of this tasty little shop, but they had a restroom (which was wonderful, bc it was soooo cold I had to use the loo like a racehorse!) and they had 45 different donut options, topping, glazes, fillings to choose from... Mercy, they were small but worth every single calorie.



My favorite donut was the Maple Bacon Beauty, but that was the first one I tried, so I'm curious if I fell in love at first bite...if I had sunk my teeth into the German Chocolate Gem first, if that would have been my soul mate instead... 



Weather like this separated the brave from the cowards (or just the nuts from the sane:~)


No comments:

Post a Comment